Monday, October 22, 2012

Things and stuff and words

So this is my first blog post.  Not too interesting so far.  I’m not really sure what this entire thing will morph into, if anything, but I’m more than willing to give it a whirl.   I’m a 20 something single mom, with a more than perfect 9 year old daughter.  I’m not just saying that because I have to, either.  My kid is my bff; and as often as possible I try to get her involved in whatever project we are working on.  She eats it up with a homemade spoon. 
I worked far too hard for far too many years as a paralegal in Nevada.  I hated it.  Every stupid second of it.   But I did it anyways, because I was good at it and I wanted to provide a good life for my daughter.  After the economy took a crap, I found myself laid off; bouncing around from law firm to law firm, each attorney meaner than the last.  It was harsh to say the least.  Then one day, after a particularly emotional lay-off, I realized I was miserable in a career that seemed to be chewing paralegals up and spitting them out.  So I said peace bitches, I’m out. 
One trait that I am thankful for, is I have is a thirst for knowledge.  I have a lot of hobbies, and have been a ranch girl for the better half of my life.  So not only am I handy with power tools, but I know where to go to find the cool junk.  I enjoy working with my hands, I like being outside playing in the mud with the kids.  So why not figure out a way to make this happen?
So that half-assed brings us up to the present moment.  Our first craft show is in less than a week and I am so nervous I could poop.  I have an artist who paints like it’s no one’s business, and I make furniture out of reclaimed wood and recycled materials.  The third of our little trio is my mom, who has more craft crap than one person should.  Once upon a time she had a flower shop that didn’t survive.  So she found herself with 2 semi-trailers full of…well crap.  Silk flowers, baskets, faux fruit, ribbon, more ribbon, paint, tissue paper, you name it.  Let’s just hope my marketing is as decent as I want to think it is and I can turn a molehill into a mountain. 
But this blog is more about my life experiences and the random things I've learned along the way.  This is going to be my personal blog, so a lot more of my personal thoughts and feelings will go into this.  There will be tutorials on easy-peasy stuff you can do with your kids, as well as tips and tricks to spice up your home or office.  Occasionally I will let my readers (all 4 of you) take a peek inside my warped little mind and I will write about random stuff.  So let’s do this thing….shall we?

 Here is the link to my company's website:  Facebook.com/Junky.Jenius.  That will be the only time/place I post it, as I don't want this blog to be nothing but Junky Jenius work.  I want this to be a piece of me, and only me.  So keep your hands and feet inside the badass ride, and let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment