Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Tacky Tack Room!

My Tacky Tack Room!

In the past few months, the old man the owns the ranch I board my horse at has been in and out of the hospital.  Because i am a huge sucker, of course i had to take the proverbial bull by the horns and help out.  This meant overhauling the tack room.  

For those of you who aren't a redneck like me, a tack room is a place where you keep saddles, blankets, treats, brushes, etc. at a stable or ranch.  Ours was tiny and over run with mice. 

Here are the progression pictures.  I didn't think to start taking pictures until after we cleared out about a pickup truck's worth of junk from it.  My camera wasn't the best for some of these but you get the idea! 



The floors were rotted and the drywall (not pictured) was cracking.




I re-inforced all of the walls, shelving, and ceiling.  I installed lights inside and outside, also reinforcing the outer structure.  Winter is a comin'!






 I took an old fence from the far side of the ranch and created an entry way where the old caved-in flooring once was.  I added some mounted saddle racks, as well as some portable ones.
 I love the new tack room.  It is organized and spacious. Mouse proof too!  



No comments:

Post a Comment