Thursday, December 13, 2012

Great Gift Ideas for the frugal Crafter!

Since my money tree was cut down by the man, i've had to get creative many times with everything from birthday to Christmas gifts.  In my experience, something hand made is more appreciated than something absentmindedly purchased at a store.   So here's some stuff made out of stuff!   Feel free to add your ideas!  The more the merrier!!






Quick and easy bracelet,  Great stocking stuffer!!


 Take a pad of paper, wrap it in a fun fabric or even good construction paper.  Buy a pack of three wooden spoons from your local 99cent store, and wrap the handle in the matching pattern you used for the book.  Make sure to fill the first few pages with your favorite recipes :)





 It's amazing what a little hot glue and some old Christmas decor can accomplish :D














Have leftover plastic candy canes?  Hot glue them to a votive holder. 


We had a bunch of old birdseed that our bird wanted nothing to do with.  So I watered down some Elmers glue, painted the rim of the planters below, and sprinkled the seeds over it.  I finished it with a few layers of clear gloss.



 A broken picture frame (The entire bottom piece was missing) we added to some old Christmas decor.  I don't know what I would do without my hot glue gun.

I took an old piece of wood and slapped on some ceiling hooks for keys, and added a few old doorknobs for your winter coat or hat :)  Add some eye-hooks to the top, connect with wire, tada! 





No comments:

Post a Comment