Saturday, December 15, 2012

My handsome horse, Trophy

Meet the love of my life, Trophy.  Trophy is a 15 year old Quarter Horse gelding, who came to me with huge confidence and trust issues.  He was scared and defeated.  
The second I saw him I knew he was mine.  
And I was his.

I love this goofy picture of him.  He's so stinkin' cute!

It took a solid two months of every day lovin's and affection just to bond with Trophy.  Once that bond happened, I knew.  I felt it deep in my soul. 

Something had happened to Trophy before I got him.  14 years is a long time, who knows what he's seen.  What he's been through.  Those days are now behind him, and I think he is finally starting to see that.  
He's always sticking his tongue out.  He can be a diva sometimes.




After months and months of constant trust and confidence building exercises, I was able to ride my horse for the first time without fear of having my face ripped off.  He has thrown me so many times I started to question my horse training abilities.  I have been around horses my entire life.  

Now that he is the amazing animal he is, I am not only proud, but in love with my amazing little Quarter Horse.  So many people wanted to give up on him, and a lot of them did.  But I knew he could be the horse he is today.  



This is one of my favorite pictures of Trophy :)





I just had to toss in these.  This is Traveler, a horse I work with.  He is a Tennessee Walking horse.  He is absolutely stunning when he gets goin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment